Spring Makers Report up to 40% Increased Production with Moyer Grinder
- Reduces Dressing Frequency as High Cutting Speed Generates Less Heat
- Improves Squareness Results from Less Compression of Spring During Grinding
- Increases Production as Stock is Removed Faster When Springs Can be Ground at Higher Surface Feet Per Minute.
STABILITY = CONTROL
Elimination of overhung grinding head spindles
- Two direct drive vertically opposed spindles are mounted on precision machined plates which are aligned by linear ball bushings sliding on three hardened columns 120 degrees apart.
- Both top and bottom wheel heads are raised and lowered by three lead screws next to each of the three columns. This triangular mounting arrangement provides the necessary rigidity to set the two heads parallel within .002" and to hold this setting for the life of the machine.
PRECISION SPRING CARRIER PLATE DRIVE SYSTEM
The spring carrier plate is comprised of a ground 2.750" drive shaft located in a 1800:1 reduction anti-backlash cone drive. The cone drive is driven by a .5 HP adjustable speed motor. This precision drive keeps the runout of the carrier drive to a minimum so that the ends of the springs are held perpendicular to the grinding rings to ensure squareness.
The dresser arm is a permanent fixed height swing dresser mounted to one of the main columns. This design keeps moving parts and deflection to a minimum.
Back to top of page
||7.5 HP direct drive,
continuous operation 1200 RPM
|Carrier Height from Floor
||3" maximum spring length*
using a 3" usable stone
*an option is available to grind 6" long springs
Vertically opposed spindle motors are 7.5 HP. Adjustable speed motor .5 HP, drives carrier plate. Electrical controls housed in a NEMA 12 enclosure. Transformer and all motors are individually fused. Magnetic starters are operated with 115 Volts. Disconnect switch 60 Amp capacity.
- Reversible Starters
- LED Digital Readout of Carrier Speed
- Automatic Loading System
- Ferritic Hardened Guides
- Microprocessor Control of Heads and Grind Length
A one year warranty is provided on the Moyer 18"
MOYER MANUFACTURING COMPANY Inc.
mail: P.O. Box 422, Fremont, IN 46737
ship: 2862 W US Hwy 20, Angola, IN 46703
phone: (260) 665-2363
fax: (260) 665-2393
Back to top of page
Copyright © 2000 The Moyer Companies. All rights reserved.