A computerized test machine for setting, checking and sorting springs for one, two or three loads, with testing rates up to thirty springs per minute.
Springs are loaded automatically or by hand into a carrier containing six slots which accommodates a range of diameters from 0.375" to 2.125". The carrier is indexed by a stepper motor to position each spring under an air cylinder set and load checking ram. After positioning a spring, the carrier is backed up according to data from the computer so that nothing is touching the spring during testing.
The standard machine has four active stations:
Springs can be sorted into three or five different categories. The standard unit has room for two additional stations.
- Maximum OD: 2.125 inches
- Maximum length: 6.375 inches
- Maximum length to OD Ratio: 3:1 L/OD
- Minimum load cell size: 10 pounds
- Maximum load cell size: 250 pounds
- Maximum set load: 500 pounds - 3" bore/80 PSI
- Production speed: Up to 1,800 per hour
- Carrier Drive: 9:1 Gear Box Driven by 34 Size 1 Stack Stepper Motor
- Load Ram mechanism: 2" Bore and 2" to 6" of stroke
- Set Ram mechanism: 3" Bore and 2" to 6" of stroke
- Carrier speed: Software controlled
- Carrier acceleration: Software controlled
- Carrier position: Software controlled
- Ram activation: Software controlled
- Ram speed control: Snubbers
- Machine Only: 23.5" wide x 17" deep x 48.5" high
- Machine weight: 300 pounds
- Computer stand: 18" wide x 24" deep x 50" high
- Computer stand weight: 150 pounds
- Carrier diameter: 12"
- Carrier height from floor: 35"
Industrial quality compatible computer with QWERTY keypad, hard disk drive, color VGA LCD display, two serial ports, one parallel port and two slot bus expander computer. Also uses Moyer interface card with Moyer task board and related hardware housed in steel enclosure.
- Compressed Air: 2 to 1 CFM at 85 PSI to 125 PSI
- Voltage:117 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
- Current: 0.5 Amps to 60 Amps
- Extra set station
- Extra load station
- Extra load cells
- 3-way sorting chute
- 5-way sorting chute
- Automatic loading